Friday, May 22, 2015

My English year

     This is a kind of long year, but in the feeling of time it is also short. If I would talk about the school year, and as especially this English II year, the feeling I would say is I couldn't believe that I have past it just right now. I still have a feeling about the next day I would come to ask the teacher, "What's our next book, Ms. Guarino?" But the truth is, we already finish our whole school year, our English II class. Time has been past so fast even not got touched, I believe I am not only person to think that way. 
     The another kind of totally opposite feeling I would like to share too. It is the English II year is too long. Long enough to be a kind of traditional stuff. I come to my G period, sit and talk about the books we read. We discussed a lot. In the early of the year although I didn't really work hard. Every time I went to class I just bring with my mouth to speak and my brain to think, but not the memory from the book. Actually I didn't really read the books carefully, until the later on of the book Me and You. I finally found out how interesting that book is, and as usual our sad ending books. 
After I realized two days of homework missing almost break my grades, I started to notice how important homework is in this class. But also the positive attitude. I started to love this class! To be honest, as the start of the school year I thought this class is too hard for me and I didn't really like it. Well, if we talk about the improvements, the first thing I would like to say is my attitude became positive, I start to love reading books words by words carefully but not pages by pages quickly. I guess this is one of my best improvements in this year. As the "first honor request for coming next year" from my parents, I have to work hard, but start to like it more.
I think the work that I need to work on there are a lot! First is reading speed. My reading speed is so slow! Every single time when I decided to read words by words carefully, it is just like a non value sacrifice of a battle. I spent a lot of time but still got headache of it. I guess read more is the only way out! 
My favorite book? I would like to say Persepolis. I love the story, the style she narrates, and the meaningful ending. It makes to feel the shape of life. It is getting adapted. Well, if you let me to make a choice of favorite it's pretty hard. I love all the books we read. Especially Me and You and We Were Liars. Hmm Frozen in Time? No thanks. I'm sorry I wouldn't even consider it as literature. I would like to read similar book with the latest book we have been read. But please, a happy ending. I really hated the feeling when I read the ending and how sad I was. It already happened three times! So please, make a happier one. Life is not only sadness. Just like me. Although my grade is too horrible to look at because of the two missing homework, but I am still insisting and keep trying hard! Never say never, my motto. 

No comments:

Post a Comment