Sunday, November 9, 2014

Blog 7

Pobby and Dingan is one of the a little books which is about kids and their thoughts. Last one is Persepolis. At first, when I read about this book, I didn't really understand what is really about. Two imaginary kids are the title of the book, and some parts of the main characters. I even didn't understand how people's reaction. They act really strange. But words by words, pages by pages, I have already read about half of the book. Then I started to understand a little bit about what the author tries to tell us about. All the fake and strange parts in this book have relationship with psychology, and the kids' world. The words in this book are really simple, but there are enough emotion in the words. Some of them really surprised me. When Kellyanne asks Ashmol to make a funeral of Pobby and Dingan, and she says that Ashmol can use the huge opal as the cost to pay of funeral, in Ashmol's thoughts there is a sentence: I never thought Death is such important. That one really shocked me. I can understand and know every single words here in this sentence, but I still can feel that kind of strong and powerful emotion and confusion. That is the first time to let a 8 years old kid starts to get in touch about death, which is the problem that human beings tried to figure out about thoudsands of years. Of course no one gets the answer, and it is still one of the biggest fear in human being's mind. Whole of the book when the author starts to talk about emotional things, he uses the same style with this. Simple words with strong meaning. I although can say the style of the whole book is just like a young kid is telling you a story, he even doesn't know well about vocabulary to describe and modify, but he uses his pure emotion to tell you what he thinks. I like this book because it was just like an epitome of my childwood. I can hardly remember what it was about, but after I read this Pobby and Dingan, it refreshes my childhood memory a lot. For example about the imginary friend. I think everyone would have this kind of special experience. When people were young, some of them are quiet, or maybe the environment doesn't allow them to have a well-connected community. So they have to play and spend their time longly, maybe their parents don't spend a lot of time with them. That makes them have a habbit to be alone, but they still want to have some friends. For the kids, the mostly happen thing is they always talk with themselves. Then they start to imagine if there are some friends near them, and they will care about them, and show their friendship, and spend their time with them. When I was young, I didn't try to have an imaginary friend, but I tried to make some of my toys become my friend. I did for the things like this is I made my shoes like a god. I respect them, and I pray to them for fortune of next day. I can feel the same in this book, which shows the desire to be socialized. 

No comments:

Post a Comment